The HabsWorld podcast is back with its first episode of 2024. Host Norm Szcyrek was joined by cohosts Sean Cayouette, Paul MacLeod, and Jonathan Rebelo to talk about our beloved Montreal Canadiens, several other hockey topics, and share a lot of laughs. This podcast was recorded on the evening of January 29, 2024.
First Period [00:00 – 24:17]
– Introductions, Habs Trivia
– Debating the Vezina and Hart seasons of Carey Price versus Jose Theodore
– When will the Canadiens trade one of their extra goalies?
– Ex-Hab Corey Perry is back in the NHL signing with Edmonton
– Discussing the New York Islanders signing Patrick Roy as head coach and discussing their game against Montreal
– Could Roy take over their GM position after Lou Lamoriello retires?
– Brendan Gallagher’s elbow hit and NHL suspension
Second Period [24:18 – 51:31]
– Trade rumours involving the Habs
– Canadiens player movements involving Justin Barron, Mitchell Stephens, Tanner Pearson, Arber Xhekaj, and Joshua Roy
– Juraj Slafkovsky’s continued improvements in his play despite being moved away from the top line
Third Period [51:32 – 1:21:10]
– Goal Caufield is back, on a nine-game point streak
– An idea for improving the All-Star game player participation
– Prospect watch discussions about defenceman Logan Mailloux plus goalies Yevgeni Volokhin and Jacob Fowler
– Around the hockey world topics include:
– Former Hab Terry Ryan was signed to play an ECHL game at the age of 47
– Philadelphia Flyers and Anaheim Ducks make an interesting trade of top prospects Jamie Drysdale and Cutter Gauthier; some Habs trade rumours involving Gauthier were also discussed
– News about the 2018 World Junior team scandal was also discussed
You can download/listen to the podcast via the widget below, via our webpage, or listen to it via your favourite podcast app/feeder (Spotify, Apple Podcasts/iTunes, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music/Audible, Player FM, Deezer). *UPDATE* The Google Podcasts feed is now working! We encourage any feedback [bad and good] to help us improve the podcast and we ask listeners to please take a moment to leave a rating via your podcast source. Contact us via email at [email protected], or within the HabsWorld.net forum.