Montreal is playing above five hundred hockey, while partway through a long road trip in December. Host Norm Szcyrek was joined by Sean Cayouette, Paul MacLeod, and Jonathan Rebelo to talk about our beloved Habs, several other hockey topics, and share a lot of laughs. This podcast was recorded on the evening of December 28, 2023.
First Period [00:00 – 24:20]
– Introductions, Habs Trivia
– Discussing Thursday’s game against Carolina
– Does the head hit to Juraj Slafkovsky warrant a review by the Department of Player Safety?
– Should the Canadiens call up Arber Xhekaj to insert some toughness back into the lineup?
– Jayden Struble’s call-up and quick adaption to the NHL
– Mitchell Stephens’ strong play helping to solidify the fourth line
– Does Samuel Montembeault’s three-year extension designate him Montreal’s number one goaltender
– Cayden Primeau and Jake Allen are both in current trade rumours
Second Period [24:21 – 44:42]
– Habs’ annual December road trip
– Will Montreal finish the season around their current position, or go down or up?
– Could the Canadiens’ depth at defencemen lead to a move before the trade deadline?
– Is Cole Caufield playing hurt?
– Slafkovsky’s improved play since joining the first line
Third Period [44:43 – 1:23:17]
– Discussing Habs prospects play at the WJC tournament after a few games: Lane Hutson, Owen Beck, Filip Mesar, Jacob Fowler
– Mike Matheson’s play this season
– More trade deadline discussions
– Will Filip Mesar start next season in the AHL?
– Around the hockey world topics include: former Habs playing at the Spengler Cup
– Ex Hab Corey Perry let go by Chicago; should the NHLPA have fought harder for Perry?
– Could Perry resurface with another NHL team this season?
– Should Montreal consider offering William Nylander a contract in the offseason? What other teams might sign him?
– Discussing Winnipeg’s poor attendance this season
– Considering NHL expansion/transfer cities
You can download/listen to the podcast via the PodOmatic widget below, via our PodOmatic webpage, or listen to it via your favourite podcast app/feeder (Apple Podcasts/iTunes, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music/Audible, Player FM, Deezer, or Spotify). *UPDATE* The Google Podcasts feed is not acting properly at this time. Google will be reformatting its podcast section at the start of 2024, so I am hopeful our feeds to them will be fixed by then. We encourage any feedback [bad and good] to help us improve the podcast and we ask listeners to please take a moment to leave a rating via your podcast source. Contact us via email at [email protected], or within the HabsWorld forum.
The direct link to download the episode can be found here: