With American Thanksgiving upon us, the Montreal Canadiens have been struggling in recent games. Host Norm Szcyrek was joined by the HabsWorld podcast crew (Sean Cayouette, Paul MacLeod, and Jonathan Rebelo) to talk about our beloved Habs, several other hockey topics, and share a lot of laughs. This podcast was recorded on the evening of November 21, 2023.
First Period [00:00 – 25:53]
– Introductions, Habs trivia
– Updates on recent injured players Rafael Harvey-Pinard, Jordan Harris, and others
– Discussing the recalls of Jayden Struble and Mattias Norlinder; will they get into the lineup during this road trip?
– The Improved play of Gustav Lindstrom and Jesse Ylonen
– Josh Anderson continues to struggle; will his goal-scoring drought approach Scott Gomez’s?
– Debating Cole Caufield’s goal-scoring slump and how can he break out
Second Period [25:54 – 42:00]
– Trade speculation involving Edmonton and Montreal; which goalie might be moved?
– Trade speculation with Washington involving Anthony Mantha
– Evaluating early returns on the Alex Newhook trade
– Juraj Slafkovsky’s play so far this season
Third Period [42:01 – 1:24:55]
– Discussing coach Martin St. Louis
– Pierre Turgeon inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame; should he have been added to the Canadiens’ Ring of Honour?
– Habs prospects updates: Filip Mesar, Florian Xhekaj, Lane Hutson. If Hutson turns pro next April, who would you remove from the lineup assuming everyone is healthy?
– Former Hab Tomas Plekanec announced his retirement; reflecting on his play for Montreal
– Around the Hockey World topics include the accidental death of a UK pro hockey player; should neck protection become mandatory protective gear; Ottawa Senators punished for the Evgenii Dadonov transaction with not disclosing the no-trade list; David Reinbacher’s head coach fired; Travis Dermott standing up to the NHL policy by using rainbow hockey tape and getting the league to reverse its decision; Montreal Alouettes win the Grey Cup.
You can download/listen to the podcast via the PodOmatic widget below, via our PodOmatic webpage, or listen to it via your favourite podcast app/feeder (Apple Podcasts/iTunes, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music/Audible, Player FM, Deezer, or Spotify). *UPDATE* The Google Podcasts feed is not acting properly at this time. Google will be reformatting its podcast section at the start of 2024, so I am hopeful our feeds to them will be fixed by then. We encourage any feedback [bad and good] to help us improve the podcast and we ask listeners to please take a moment to leave a rating via your podcast source. Contact us via email at [email protected], or within the HabsWorld forum.
The direct link to download the episode can be found here: here: