The 2023-24 season is underway, and the HabsWorld podcast team is back to talk about it. Host Norm Szcyrek was joined by Paul MacLeod, Sean Cayouette, and Jonathan Rebelo to talk about our team the Montreal Canadiens, and share a lot of laughs. This podcast was recorded on the evening of October 10, 2023.
First Period [00:00 – 32:23]
– Introductions and Habs Trivia
– Discussing the preseason play of prospects Mattias Norlinder, David Reinbacher, Logan Mailloux, Justin Barron, William Trudeau, Emil Heineman, Jesse Ylonen, Joshua Roy
– Habs manoeuvring the salary cap with recent transactions
– Joel Armia waived and what may happen to him next
– Could Montreal part with one of their three goalies in a trade with Tampa
Second Period [32:24 – 50:37]
– Habs trades during the offseason
– Season predictions for Kirby Dach and his potential linemates, Montreal’s power play, Suzuki and Caufield’s potential linemates, improvements to the team’s medical & training staff to better deal with injured players
Third Period [50:38 – 1:08:20]
– Will the Canadiens depth help this team’s rebuilding path
– Who will produce more points this season: Juraj Slavkovsky or Alex Newhook
– Around the Hockey World topics: former Habs coach Dominique Ducharme is now an assistant coach in Vegas, Columbus coach Mike Babcock hired then dismissed before the Blue Jackets first game, ex-Hab Galchenyuk’s run-in with the law and then let go by the Coyotes, a few topics with the Toronto Maple Leafs and the season opener against the Habs, Stanley Cup finals predictions.
You can download/listen to the podcast via the PodOmatic widget below, via our PodOmatic webpage, or listen to it via your favourite podcast app/feeder (Apple Podcasts/iTunes, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music/Audible, Player FM, Deezer, or Spotify). *UPDATE* The Google Podcasts feed is not acting properly at this time. We encourage any feedback [bad and good] to help us improve the podcast and we ask listeners to please take a moment to leave a rating via your podcast source. Contact us via email at [email protected], or within the HabsWorld forum.
The direct link to download the episode can be found here: