The Montreal Canadiens offseason is a couple of months along and with the NHL draft around the corner, the HabsWorld podcast team returned to talk about the Habs. Host Norm Szcyrek was joined by new cohost Kevin Leveille, and veteran cohosts Paul MacLeod, Sean Cayouette, and Jonathan Rebelo to talk about the Habs and have lots of laughs. This podcast was recorded on the evening of June 19th, 2023.
First Period [0:00 – 18:14]
– Introductions, Habs trivia
– Cole Caufield contract extension
– Caufield goal predictions for the upcoming seasons
– Nick Suzuki making more of a presence in Montreal during the offseason
– More Pierre-Luc Dubois rumours
Second Period [18:15 – 43:02]
– Draft rumours involving Dubois, Matvei Michkov, and Montreal
– Discussing different options for Montreal; should size be a factor in their selection?
– Caufield, Dubois and other Habs hanging out in Montreal at the F1 racing event
– Some possible trade packages for Dubois were discussed and debated
Third Period [43:03 – 1:20:23]
– How many 2023 drafted players will play in the NHL this upcoming season; could Owen Beck crack the Canadiens lineup?
– Which Habs first-year player would be considered their rookie of the year?
– Debating a contract extension for Samuel Montembeault
– Canadiens letting go of two athletic staff members after they led the NHL in man games lost
– Minority Canadiens owner Michael Andlauer now the majority owner of the Ottawa Senators; is there a possible threat of losing some Canadiens Operations staff?
– Around the hockey world topics include: Toronto firing GM Kyle Dubas and hiring former Calgary GM Brad Treliving; another Stanley Cup-winning team is well over the salary cap limit; layoffs at The Athletic including one of the regular journalists that covers the Montreal Canadiens; final predictions for the Habs’ first-round pick
You can download/listen to the podcast via the PodOmatic widget below, via our PodOmatic webpage, or listen to it via your favourite podcast app/feeder (Apple Podcasts/iTunes, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music/Audible, Player FM, Deezer, or Spotify). *UPDATE* The Spotify bug that incorrectly sorted our podcasts now appears to be fixed! We encourage any feedback [bad and good] to help us improve the podcast and we ask listeners to please take a moment to leave a rating via your podcast source. Contact us via email at [email protected], or within the HabsWorld forum.
The direct link to download the episode can be found here: