The Montreal Canadiens wrapped up their 2023 regular season, and the HabsWorld podcast team was back to discuss it. Host Norm Szcyrek was joined by Paul MacLeod, Sean Cayouette, and Jonathan Rebelo to talk about the Habs and have lots of laughs. This podcast was recorded on the evening of April 19th, 2023.
First Period [0:00 – 23:15]
– Introductions and dreaming about Connor Bedard becoming the first Canadien to wear #98
– Hosts discussing their surprises and disappointments from the Habs this season
Second Period [23:16 – 52:42]
– Discussing Habs UFA and RFA players to re-sign
– Reviewing the end-of-season press conference. Predictions on how many seasons before the Canadiens will return to the playoffs
– Timelines for some Montreal prospects arriving in the NHL
Third Period [52:43 – 1:25:16]
– Talking about the players’ actual injuries after they were revealed. Do players need to be more honest about their injury status to their team? Is it better to follow a warrior mentality and play through it no matter what?
– Josh Anderson’s reactions during locker clear-out day, and how it can be interpreted
– Discussions about the Habs’ second first-round pick and what they may do with it
– Further talk about some of the top-ranked players in this upcoming draft
– Around the hockey world: lots of talk about the 2023 NHL playoffs, and much more!
You can download/listen to the podcast via the PodOmatic widget below, via our PodOmatic webpage, or listen to it via your favourite podcast app/feeder (Apple Podcasts/iTunes, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music/Audible, Player FM, Deezer, or Spotify). *UPDATE* The Spotify bug that incorrectly sorted our podcasts now appears to be fixed! We encourage any feedback [bad and good] to help us improve the podcast and we ask listeners to please take a moment to leave a rating via your podcast source. Contact us via email at [email protected], or within the HabsWorld forum.
The direct link to download the episode can be found here: