The HabsWorld podcast is back to start the 2021-22 NHL season. Host Norm Szcyrek was joined by co-hosts Paul MacLeod and Jonathan Rebelo, to talk about the Canadiens offseason, preseason, and upcoming regular season games. This podcast was recorded the evening of October 12 2021.
Here is a breakdown of the topics we discussed:
First Period [0:00 – 17:09]
– Introductions, Habs trivia
– Nick Suzuki signed to an 8-year extension
– Thoughts on Suzuki’s full potential
– Offer sheet saga involving Jesperi Kotkaniemi
– Habs acquire Christian Dvorak to fill that centre position
Second Period [17:10 – 40:12]
– Jonathan Drouin’s return to the lineup and how he will fare coming back
– Carey Price enters the NHL/NHLPA Player Assistance Program
– New backup goaltender claimed on waivers from Florida, Samuel Montembeault
– Other players picked up defenceman Sami Niku in free agency and forward Adam Brooks on waivers
– Will Brooks replace Ryan Poehling in the lineup to start this season?
– Predicting how Kotkaniemi will do in Carolina, and will he help their team?
Third Period [40:13 – 1:08:53]
– If Kotkaniemi is not qualified in the offseason, could he return to Montreal?
– Jake Evans signs a 3-year extension; Habs sign undrafted defenceman Arber Xhekaj
– Will prospect Mattias Norlinder make the pro lineup after he returns from his injury?
– Speculation about Marc Bergevin’s contract, and if he will continue as Montreal’s GM after this season?
– If Bergevin does leave, who are some qualified candidates to replace him?
– Discussions about forward Mike Hoffman joining the team
– RIP celebrity Habs fan, Norm MacDonald
You can download/listen to the podcast via the PodOmatic widget below, via our Podomatic webpage, or listen to it via your favourite podcast feeder (Apple Podcasts/iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music/Audible, Spotify, Player FM, or Deezer). We encourage any feedback [bad and good] to help us improve the podcast and we ask listeners to please take a moment to leave a rating via iTunes or Podomatic. Contact us via email at [email protected], or within the HabsWorld forum.