The NHL offseason is well underway this summer and the Habs have been in the news for good and bad reasons. Host Norm Szcyrek was joined by co-hosts Paul MacLeod and Jonathan Rebelo to talk about it all. We had a lot to say about the team’s changes due to free agency, the Seattle expansion draft, the amateur draft, and more. This podcast was recorded on the evening of August 5th, 2021. Here is a breakdown of the topics we discussed.
First Period (0:00 – 21:05)
– Habs Trivia
– Analyzing Montreal’s Free agent signings: David Savard, Mike Hoffman, Chris Wideman, Cedric Paquette, Mathieu Perreault
Second Period (21:06 – 31:02)
– Jack Eichel trade discussion
– Phillip Danault signs with Los Angeles
Third Period (31:03 – 1:08:13)
– In-depth discussion about the Habs controversial first-round pick, Logan Mailloux
– Seattle Expansion draft loss of Cale Fleury and how the Kraken will fare next season
– Update on Jonathan Drouin
– Habs losing Corey Perry and Tomas Tatar to free agency
– Shea Weber injuries and his status with the Canadiens
– Shoutouts to Canadian Olympic athletes
You can download/listen to the podcast via the PodOmatic widget below, via our Podomatic webpage, or listen to it via your favourite podcast feeder (Apple Podcasts/iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music/Audible, Spotify, Player FM, or Deezer). We encourage any feedback [bad and good] to help us improve the podcast and we ask listeners to please take a moment to leave a rating via iTunes or Podomatic. Contact us via email at [email protected], or within the HabsWorld forum.