- Follow HabsWorld
- Must Read
- Did you know?
- January hasn't been a kind month for Lars Eller. He has just 12 points in 44 games, his lowest PPG average of any month.
HAMILTON, ON Four different Bulldogs players scored single goals and goaltender Jean-Francois Damphousse stopped all 17 shots he faced, as the Hamilton Bulldogs shut out the Cleveland Barons 4-0 in Game #1 of the AHL North Division Semi-Finals. The Bulldogs lead the series 1-0.
After a scoreless first period, the Bulldogs got on the scoreboard at 1:02 of the second period when Marcel Hossa picked up a loose puck in the Barons crease and put it past Cleveland goaltender Nolan Schaefer.
The Bulldogs would then go on to score three goals in the third period. Scoring for Hamilton in the third frame were Marc-Andre Thinel, Alexander Perezhogin and Duncan Milroy.
Damphousse earned his first career playoff shutout in the contest. As well, it was the fourth playoff shutout earned by a Bulldogs goaltender in franchise history.
The Bulldogs also set a new franchise record in Game #1 for fewest shots against in a playoff game. Hamilton surrendered just 17 shots in the contest. The previous record of 18 shots against was set on May 2, 2002 versus the Hartford WolfPack.
The Hamilton Bulldogs will host the Cleveland Barons in Game #2 of the AHL North Division Semi-Finals on Sunday, April 25th at 4:00 p.m. Bulldogs fans can purchase their tickets by visiting the Copps Coliseum Box Office, at all Ticketmaster outlets or by calling Ticketmaster at (905) 527-7666.
1. HAM Marcel Hossa-1 (Alexander Perezhogin, Francois Beauchemin) 1:02
2. HAM Marc-Andre Thinel-1 (Tomas Plekanec, Patrick Traverse) 6:32
3. HAM Alexander Perezhogin-1 (Tomas Plekanec, Jean-Francois Cote) 7:17
4. HAM Duncan Milroy-1 (Tomas Plekanec, Francois Beauchemin) 11:25 (pp_
Hamilton: Jean-Francois Damphousse (17 shots, 17 saves)
Cleveland: Nolan Schaefer (46 shots, 42 saves)
Hamilton: 1 for 7
Cleveland: 0 for 2
1. HAM Tomas Plekanec (3 assists)
2. HAM Alexander Perezhogin (1 goal, 1 assist)
3. HAM Jean-Francois Damphousse (17 saves shutout)
- Discuss this topic in HW Forums
- Hamilton vs Cleveland - Series Preview posted by M. Gauthier