Host Norm Szcyrek is back with cohosts Paul MacLeod, Sean Cayouette, and Jonathan Rebelo to talk about the Montreal Canadiens and have a lot of laughs. This podcast was recorded on the evening of January 25, 2023.
First Period [00:00 – 25:29]
– Introductions and Habs Trivia.
– Cole Caufield’s shoulder injury and his upcoming end-of-season surgery. Discussions about Caufield’s next contract.
– Do NHL players overtrain, making them more prone to injuries?
– Discussing the Habs blue jersey and their second mascot (Metal).
– Strong play of Samuel Montembeault and Jake Allen close to a return to play (he has since returned).
Second Period [25:30 – 41:44]
– Reviewing the Habs injury list that looks like a MASH ward; debating Slavkovsky’s hockey injury that takes three months to recover without surgery.
– Kirby Dach as a centre has been outstanding lately; reasons why he has been so impressive.
– Improvements in Martin St. Louis’ coaching and the power play.
– Prospect Lane Hutson has officially grown one inch since the draft and has also been outstanding in college hockey.
Third Period [41:45 – 1:26:50]
– NHL draft talk involving Habs possibly selecting Matvei Michkov.
– Montreal’s mid-season press conference; confidence level of the GM after his first year has recently passed.
– Trade deadline speculation.
– More draft talk.
– Sean Farrell discussions, including a rumour of him leaving college this spring.
– Will the Habs end up with too many prospects in their stable?
– Call-ups from the AHL playing well: Jesse Ylonen.
– Around the Hockey World: Ryan O’Reilly trade rumours; Bruce Boudreau firing; Vancouver debacle over Boudreau and several other bad management moves; passing of ex-Hab and Canuck Gino Odjick, more trade rumours, P.K. Subban’s tribute, and more.
You can download/listen to the podcast via the PodOmatic widget below, via our PodOmatic webpage, or listen to it via your favourite podcast app/feeder (Apple Podcasts/iTunes, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music/Audible, Player FM, Deezer, or Spotify). *UPDATE* The Spotify bug that incorrectly sorted our podcasts now appears to be fixed! We encourage any feedback [bad and good] to help us improve the podcast and we ask listeners to please take a moment to leave a rating via your podcast source. Contact us via email at [email protected], or within the HabsWorld forum.
The direct link to download the episode can be found here: