With the big news in the headlines about the Habs front office changes, the HabsWorld team came back to talk about them all in their newest podcast. Host Norm Szcyrek was joined by co-hosts Paul MacLeod and Jonathan Rebelo to discuss the state of the Montreal Canadiens; this podcast was recorded the evening of November 30 2021.
Here is a breakdown of the topics we discussed:
First Period [00:00 – 30:37]
– Introductions, Habs trivia
– Montreal owner cleans house in the front office: gone are GM Marc Bergevin, assistant GMs Trevor Timmins & Scott Mellanby, and VP of Communications Paul Wilson
– Former GM Jeff Gorton hired as Vice President of Hockey Operations, will oversee and mentor the new GM hiring
– Discussing Bergevin’s regime with the Habs
– Some potential GM candidates are debated
Second Period [30:38 – 43:37]
– Rumour that player movements out of Montreal are coming
– Will veteran players like Gallagher tolerate a “rebuild” or prefer to be traded?
– Apathy creeping into fans due to the team’s poor start
– Draft lottery and Shane Wright discussions
Third Period [43:38 – 1:11:46]
– Improved play of Alexander Romanov, and can he handle more responsibilities
– Will Gorton or the next GM keep coach Dominique Ducharme or hire a replacement?
– Should Ben Chiarot be traded before the deadline or resigned?
– Discussing the play of call ups Michael Pezzetta, Ryan Poehling, and Cole Caufield
– Around the NHL topics including the plight of the Vancouver Canucks, Alexander Ovechkin as the NHL’s greatest goal scorer, veterans Evander Kane and Matt Murray put on waivers, ex-Hab Max Pacioretty weighing in on the Bergevin firing.
You can download/listen to the podcast via the PodOmatic widget below, via our Podomatic webpage, or listen to it via your favourite podcast feeder (Apple Podcasts/iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music/Audible, Player FM, or Deezer). Please note: Spotify reverses the sort order on our podcasts, so you will have to re-sort it or scroll to the bottom to find the latest podcast. We encourage any feedback [bad and good] to help us improve the podcast and we ask listeners to please take a moment to leave a rating via your podcast source. Contact us via email at [email protected], or within the HabsWorld forum.