With the Canadien’s first month of games nearly over, the HabsWorld team returned to record their newest podcast. Host Norm Szcyrek was joined by co-hosts Paul MacLeod and Jonathan Rebelo to talk about the Habs rough start to this season, some good news about Carey Price, several roster changes, assorted NHL news and much more. This podcast was recorded the evening of November 10 2021.
Here is a breakdown of the topics we discussed:
First Period [00:00 – 24:32]
– Introductions, Habs trivia
– Factors to the Habs terrible start to the season
– Is it possible for the team to bounce back and make the playoffs?
– Carey Price’s returns to the team; when might he get back into the lineup?
– Could firing Marc Bergevin help turn this team around?
– Is Sam Montembeault an adequate NHL backup goalie; which farm team backup could do a better job?
– Did Bergevin make the right decision not re-signing Phillip Danault and Tomas Tatar?
– Is David Savard better or worse than Karl Alzner as a Hab?
– Does this team need more puck moving defencemen and can Mattias Norlinder help the team?
Second Period [24:33 – 39:38]
– Cole Caufield’s demotion to the AHL
– Ryan Poehling’s recall
– Jonathan Drouin’s injury and recent move to the injured reserve list
– Corey Perry’s presence missing from this team
– Cedric Paquette not adapting to the Canadiens
– Nick Suzuki’s improved play after a rocky start
– The controversy of Jack Eichel’s surgery
Third Period [39:39 – 1:03:53]
– Carolina Hurricanes trolling the Habs, again
– If Kotkaniemi falters in Carolina and is not re-signed, should the Habs sign him back?
– Another possible candidate to replace Marc Bergevin as the next Habs GM
– Perhaps Bergevin has not signed a new contract, because he is eyeing the GM position in Chicago or Anaheim
– An outside the box idea for hiring a GM and a bilingual VP
– Alex Ovechkin tied Brett Hull for 4th place in NHL all-time goals; can he break the record?
You can download/listen to the podcast via the PodOmatic widget below, via our Podomatic webpage, or listen to it via your favourite podcast feeder (Apple Podcasts/iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music/Audible, Spotify, Player FM, or Deezer). We encourage any feedback [bad and good] to help us improve the podcast and we ask listeners to please take a moment to leave a rating via your podcast source. Contact us via email at [email protected], or within the HabsWorld forum.