The Montreal Canadiens gave us a roller coaster ride in the playoffs, and came close but unfortunately lost in the Stanley Cup Final. Host Norm Szcyrek was joined by co-hosts Josh Coulter, Jonathan Rebelo, Paul MacLeod, and Connor MacLeod to talk about this series, the playoffs, the Canadiens expansion draft protection list, and much more. This podcast was recorded on the evening of July 18, 2021. This is a breakdown of the topics we discussed.
First Period (0:00 – 15:52)
– Habs Trivia
– Recapping the Stanley Cup Final
– Regrets and reflecting on the playoff run and positive takeaways
– Favourite moments of this postseason
Second Period (15:53 – 46:34)
– Expansion draft protection list — Carey Price and Shea Weber both left unprotected
– Did Carey Price request being left unprotected or was this a strategic move?
– Who might the Habs lose to Seattle?
– A few interesting players that were protected (Joel Armia) and unprotected (Phillip Danault)
– Discussing some other NHL team’s protected & unprotected players
Third Period (46:35 – 58:24)
– Dominique Ducharme’s officially the head coach for the Canadiens
– Former Habs AHL head coach, Joel Bouchard, accepts a lateral move to become Anaheim’s AHL team head coach
– Assistant coach Luke Richardson given a contract extension
– Could Marc Bergevin get a promotion after the end of next season, and who could take over that job?
– Sean Burke’s status with the Canadiens
You can download/listen to the podcast via the PodOmatic widget below, via our Podomatic webpage, or listen to it via your favourite podcast feeder (Apple Podcasts/iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music/Audible, Spotify, Player FM, or Deezer). We encourage any feedback [bad and good] to help us improve the podcast and we ask listeners to please take a moment to leave a rating via iTunes or Podomatic. Contact us via email at [email protected], or within the HabsWorld forum.