After the Habs were victorious over the Maple Leafs to start the post-season, the team quickly moved on to the second round of the playoffs two nights later. The HabsWorld podcast crew of Norm Szcyrek, Paul MacLeod, and Jonathan Rebelo returned to discuss many Habs topics before the puck drop of Game 2. This podcast was recorded June 4th 2021, and this is a breakdown of the topics we discussed.
First Period (00:00 – 21:01)
– Habs Trivia
– Mark Schiefele’s predatory hit on Jake Evans, and the NHL suspension
– When could Evans return to the lineup
– Discussing concussions
Second Period (21:02 – 41:21)
– The struggles of Erik Gustafsson during Game 1 against the Jets
– Game two predictions
– Strong play from Nick Suzuki and Joel Edmundson,
– Reflecting on Games Six and Seven of the Maple Leafs series
– Cole Caufield’s play in the postseason
– Former Hab Max Domi undergoes shoulder surgery
– Is Josh Anderson playing through an injury?
– Debating Arturri Lehkonen replacing Jake Evans versus Tomas Tatar
Third Period (41:22 – 58:51)
– Effectiveness of the Veterans Line (Eric Staal, Corey Perry, Joel Armia)
– Prospect Mattias Norlinder signed to a pro contract; when he might play for the Habs defence
– Around the NHL topics included: the playoffs success of Sebastian Aho during the Carolina versus Tampa Bay series; the Boston Bruins versus New York Islanders series; talk about the Seattle Expansion draft and more
You can download/listen to the podcast via the PodOmatic widget below, via our Podomatic webpage, or listen to it via iTunes, Spotify or other podcast providers. We encourage any feedback [bad and good] to help us improve the podcast and we ask listeners to please take a moment to leave a rating via iTunes or Podomatic. Feedback is welcome via email at [email protected], or within the HabsWorld forum.