The Habs have made the playoffs and they will face their long time rival the Toronto Maple Leafs. Host Norm Szcyrek was joined by cohosts Paul MacLeod, Josh Coulter and Jonathan Rebelo, and we had a lot to say about Montreal’s upcoming playoff series and other NHL topics. This podcast was recorded on May 11 2021.
Here is the breakdown of the topics we discussed.
First Period (0:00 – 32:51)
– Habs trivia
– Discussions about Montreal versus Toronto for their first round of the playoffs
– Cole Caufield finally gets into the Habs lineup and scores some big goals
– Possible forward lines for game one of the playoffs
– If Shea Weber returns for the playoffs, who will be dropped from the lineup?
Second Period (32:52 – 52:45)
– Jesperi Kotkaniemi struggling recently and the comparisons to Brady Tkachuk
– Can Kotkaniemi reboot his game for the playoffs?
– Reflections on Jonathan Drouin’s absence from the team
– The Habs missing a francophone player in their current lineup for the first time in their history
Third Period (52:46 – 1:17:17)
– Around the NHL topics including Jeff Carter’s recent success
– Which active NHL players were born before the Habs’ last Stanley Cup win in 1993?
– A look at the Washington Capitals against the Boston Bruins in the first round
– Discussions about the other first-round series
– Tom Wilson’s latest on-ice antics against the New York Rangers and the league’s lack of true discipline
– San Jose’s Martin Jones and the disappearing puck
– Condolences to John Tavares’ knee
You can download/listen to the podcast via the PodOmatic widget below, via our Podomatic webpage, or listen to it via iTunes, Spotify or other podcast providers. We encourage any feedback [bad and good] to help us improve the podcast and we ask listeners to please take a moment to leave a rating via iTunes or Podomatic. Feedback is welcome via email at [email protected], or within the HabsWorld forum.