With the Habs making a significant trade during their COVID break, the HabsWorld podcast team reunited to talk about this move and much more. Host Norm Szcyrek, along with cohosts Paul MacLeod and Jonathan Rebelo, had much to say about the Canadiens. This podcast was recorded the evening of March 26 2021.
Here is the breakdown of the topics we discussed.
First Period (0:00 – 16:40)
– Habs Trivia
– Deep discussions about the trade for Eric Staal
– Habs improved power play
Second Period (16:41 – 30:07)
– Montreal finally wins an overtime game
– NHL referee Tim Peel firing
– Ideas about improving league officiating
– The improved play of Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Third Period (30:08 – 1:08:15)
– Tyler Toffoli injury and his role on the power play
– Ben Chiarot injury & Habs handling the salary cap
– Trade rumours
– Carey Price turning his game around
– Will Cole Caufield sign with Montreal this year
– Jordan Harris announcement of not signing with the Habs
– Habs COVID-19 break and implications
– Around the NHL topics: Alex Ovechkin passes Phil Esposito on the all time goal scoring list
– The next NHL record to fall
– Predictions on Northern division top-four to end this season
– Gordie Howe discussion
You can download/listen to the podcast via the PodOmatic widget below, via our Podomatic webpage, or listen to it via iTunes, Spotify or other providers. We encourage any feedback [bad and good] to help us improve the podcast and we ask listeners to please take a moment to leave a rating via iTunes or Podomatic. Feedback is welcome via email at habswor[email protected], or within the HabsWorld forum.