Welcome to HabsWorld’s annual draft pool. The draft will be held on June 27th and 28th in Philadelphia. For the second straight year, the Habs will be picking towards the end of the first round as they hold the 26th selection. Take your guess as to who the Canadiens will select as well as who the rest of the league will select in the first round on Friday night.
Picks 1-6 : 1 point for each correct selection
Picks 7-15: 2 points
Picks 16-24: 3 points
Picks 25-30: 4 points
Bonus: 1 extra point to pick(s) selected by the Habs
– Your predictions are associated with the rank of selection, not with the team. For example, if you predict Aaron Ekblad to go to the Panthers at #1 and they swap their pick with the Oilers at #3 and select Ekblad third while Edmonton selects Sam Bennett first overall, you won’t get a point for accurately predicting the Panthers to draft Ekblad.
– Players are sorted by the final ranking from NHL Central Scouting. If your prediction at a certain selection isn’t on the list, select “Other” at the end of the drop-down list.
– Duplicate answers: If you chose Sam Reinhart for all 30 teams, you’ll obviously get it right once. Duplicate selections aren’t void so don’t worry if you select somebody twice, you won’t be penalized. However, we encourage you to double check your picks to ensure your points potential is maximized.
– Visit the NHL Central Scouting website for more information on the prospects:
– The deadline for selections was 6 PM EST on draft day (Friday, June 27th).